IMO 3.27 Security Awareness Training for all Seafarers (przeszkolenie w zakresie problematyki ochrony na statku)
This course is intended to provide the knowledge required to enable personnel without designated security duties in connection with a Ship security Plan (SSP) to enhance ship security in accordance with the requirements of chapter XI-2 of Solas 74 as amended, the ISPS Code, and section A-VI/6-1 of the STCW Code, as amended.
Seafarers who successfully complete this course will achieve the required standard of competence enabling them to contribute to the enhancement of maritime security through heightened awareness and the ability to recognize security threats and to respond appropriately. This knowledge include as follows:
1. the meaning and the conseguential requirements of the different security levels;
2. knowledge of emergency procedures and contingency plans;
3. recognition and detection of weapons, dangerous substances and devices;
4. recognition, on a non-discriminatory basis, of characteristics and behavioural patterns of persons who likely to threaten security; and
5. techniques used to circumvent security measures.